[GRASS-user] Configuring fonts in Grass and Refresh problem with the i.class command in an d.mon created monitor(?)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Nov 1 11:21:04 EDT 2007

On 10/31/07 6:55 AM, "nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de"
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> Question b.
> How can I change the fonts?
> I have an external monitor (Dell 1800fp) attached to my
> laptop. Whenever
> I try to define a region within an monitor (created with
> d.mon) the menu
> (on the bottom of the d.mon created monitor) does not react
> correctly.
> Is it a refresh problem?

You can change fonts globally in the GIS Manager TclTk GUI in the
'configure' menu. You can also change fonts for various layers with text
(e.g., text, legend, grid) with font buttons in their layer properties
panels.

However, the GUI does not use x monitors (d.mon) and these methods do not
affect anything displayed in an x monitor. You'll to use individual GRASS
module commands (e.g., d.font) to control fonts in that environment.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University