[GRASS-user] v.dissolve

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Mon Nov 5 13:47:08 EST 2007

Hi

I'm trying to join all adjacentareas in vector into one (in fact all
area are adjacent, and I want to convert it to one huge area)
I tried to use v.dissolve and I expected If I do nto specify column all
borders will disolve, but it not work (I have no column with the same
attribute)
The solution I have used is to add empty column and fill it with ther
same value (both by db.execute) but it became more complicated If I have
almost 200 vectors
Is there any more natural or more simple solution? If no please let me known
Jarek