[GRASS-user] GRASS on Ubuntu

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 17:24:03 EST 2007

Dear Glynn,

"The main requirement with providing binaries of GPL/LGPL software is
that the source code is available "from the same place" as the binaries
(i.e. you can't just provide a URL to the source on a different site).
If you're providing a complete VM image including the OS, the
requirement to provide full source code could be fairly onerous.
The fact that the software runs on a proprietary OS isn't an issue."

Thanks for the info - I suspected it might be an issue. I just thought
it might be useful, alas it is not to be.

I would still recommend the Virtual route though as I have already
managed to screw-up one clone but care - I do not!

Darrel