[GRASS-user] v.delaunay again - HUGE memory use

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Nov 6 16:55:23 EST 2007

Back to v.delaunay... I got GRASS built and running on OSX 10.5
64bits.  v.delaunay nows continues to run without memory allocation
errors.  The big question, why the HUGE memory requirements, or is
something wrong.

Here's what I got watching it run:

Virtual memory use steadily climbed into the GBs.

Scratch disk usage also went into the GBs, but stayed slightly lower
(probably some compression?).

Very little CPU usage, as it was all disk IO.

I gave up at 18GB vmem / 15GB scratch and killed it.

This is with 2.6 million points.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin