[GRASS-user] Network Topology Reconstruction

Andre Hauptfleisch ahaupt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:07:42 EST 2007

Good day,

I'm busy working on road extraction from QuickBird imagery. I've managed to
get my centrelines into a network of vectors (thanks to Grass!), but I would
like to run a topology reconstruction tool of sorts.

I've tried the v.clean component, but had little effect. I suppose my
branches and gaps are to big for them to be pruned and connected.

Does anyone know of a component, or external tool that could complete my
vector network?

I've various papers on the topic, but unfortunately I don't have enough time
implement and experiment with these at this stage.

Any hints? Ideas?

Regards,
Andre