[GRASS-user] batch processing for raster import

Christoph Knoll Christoph.Knoll at uibk.ac.at
Tue Nov 13 08:37:21 EST 2007

I've forgotten something that is very necessary! The raster-data are ESRI-Grids
and no tifs,...!!!

cheers
 Chris

Hello everybody,

I am working with airborne laser scanner data and I need to import more than
2000 raster-datasets into my GRASSDatabase. I started to import the data with
r.in.gdal (it works perfect) but if I do everything myself, I will still be
importing the data still in a week or so.

Who can tell me how to write or who has a script for batch processing
(importing the data with the r.in.gdal-command?

Christoph,

Zitat von Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl>:

> Christoph Knoll wrote:

> A one-liner:
>
> for i in *.tif; do r.in.gdal in="$i" out=`basename "$i"
> .tif`; done
>
> Adjust the wildcard to match your input raster's extension
> and supply more options for r.in.gdal if needed, according
> to manual.
>
> Maciek

--------------------------------
University of Innsbruck