[GRASS-user] MODIS HDF conversion in TIF tool.

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 07:17:48 EST 2007

Hi,

On Nov 13, 2007 7:51 PM, Nikos Alexandris <
nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> There is a handy tool called HEG [HDF-EOS To GeoTIFF Conversion Tool] with
> which one can convert HDF files into .tif. It can be used to create
> subsets
> as well. The tool has two modes: a. stitching/subset modus and b.
> conversion
> modus.

I  have written a small  tool in Python that makes use of  gdal (among
others) to subset and reproject HDF-EOS files. into GeoTIFFFs (or GRASS
images, for that matter) I keep meaning to upload it somewhere, but... It is
fairly trivial to do though. There's good information on that in the gdal
mailing list.

Cheers,
Jose