[GRASS-user] Triangle plot with correspoding map

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:22:05 EST 2007

Maybe GMT can do the triangle plot?

Carlos

On Nov 29, 2007 4:21 PM, Martin Wegmann
<wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 17:07:59 Michael Barton wrote:
> > You should be able to gather the data to do this with r.stats. For example,
> > from the Spearfish soils maps...
> >
> > r.stats -1 -n
> > input=soils.Kfactor at PERMANENT,soils.Tfactor at PERMANENT,soils.ph at PERMANENT
> > fs=space nv=* output=soilsout.txt
>
> thanks - however creating a triangle with 3 colour gradients and make it
> corresponding to the map (based on 3 input maps) remains as a rather big
> problem - or am I wrong?
> I am not experienced with that, but my colleague only managed it using
> powerpoint/photoshop.
>
> Martin
>

> > Michael
> >

> > On 11/29/07 8:03 AM, "Martin Wegmann" <wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > a colleague wanted to display 3 different attributes (e.g. bare soil,
> > > vegetation, shadow), so far he did a map with a triangle plot manually
> > > (see attachment by M. Schramm).
> > >
> > > And he asked (and I wonder) if it would be possible to generate something
> > > along these lines using GRASS. Using 3 input raster and displaying a 3
> > > gradient colour map with a corresponding triangle legend.
> > >
> > > cheers, Martin

> > Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
> > Director of Graduate Studies
> > School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> > Center for Social Dynamics and Complexity
> > Arizona State University
> >
> > phone: 480-965-6213
> > fax: 480-965-7671
> > www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.