[GRASS-user] strahler

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:49:08 EDT 2007

True, it is not a final solution. What we do need is a r.strahler command in
GRASS.

On 10/3/07, ivan marchesini <marchesini at unipg.it> wrote:

> Many thanks to all...
> the problems are:
> 1)I wish to use a free/libre solution...
> 2)v.strahler only produce a text file containing the number of streams
> of a defined order... but not a map with attributes concerning stream
> order...
> 3) I know Jgrass, it is a good solution but today I wasn't able to run
> it...  I don't know why...  it start but It remain in a frezed situation
>
> so..
> the problem is still not solved...
>
> however, thank you for your help...   :-)
>
> Ivan
>

> Il giorno mer, 03/10/2007 alle 11.52 +0100, Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann ha
> scritto:
> > Well, there's v.strahler, but I never had much luck with it. I did got
> > nice stahler classification using JGrass (http://www.jgrass.org). I
> > remember that I couldn' t read GRASS rasters directly (although I
> > should), but I managed to get it working by exporting the raster as an
> > GRASS ASCII, and then in JGrass, importing and performing the
> > hidrologic modeling. The raster layers created by JGRASS were
> > immediately available in GRASS.
> >
> > Carlos
> >

> > On 10/3/07, ivan marchesini <marchesini at unipg.it> wrote:
> >         dear users,
> >         wich is the best way to classify a stream vector network using
> >         the
> >         horton strahler method in grass...???
> >
> >         thank you very much....
> >

> >         Ivan
> >

> >         --
> >         Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi
> >         files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
> >         Preferisco formati liberi.
> >         Please try to avoid to send me  .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg files.
> >         I prefer free formats.
> >         http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formato_aperto
> >         http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_format
> >
> >         Ivan Marchesini
> >         Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
> >         University of Perugia
> >         Via G. Duranti 93/a
> >         06125
> >         Perugia (Italy)
> >         e-mail: marchesini at unipg.it
> >                 ivan.marchesini at gmail.com
> >         tel: +39(0)755853760
> >         fax (university): +39(0)755853756
> >         fax (home): +39(0)5782830887
> >         jabber: geoivan73 at jabber.org

> > --
> > +-----------------------------------------------------------+
> >               Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
> >   Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
> >   Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
> > Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
> > +-----------------------------------------------------------+
> --
> Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
> Preferisco formati liberi.
> Please try to avoid to send me  .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg files.
> I prefer free formats.
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formato_aperto
> [...]

"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows 95 from
my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged by
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.