[GRASS-user] r.sun with shadowing effects

Odoardo Zecca odoardo.zecca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:08:26 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I need to calculate the solar radiation (with r.sun) of a relatively small
area taking into account the shadowing effect of reliefs spread in a much
larger area. In order to be able to get a high resolution map of the area of
interest, or even just the values relatives to some particular sites, is
there a way to avoid the long computational time needed for areas I'm not
interested in?
May be I can use r.los for selecting the reliefs that actually cast a shadow
on the area of interest?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Odoardo Zecca

--