[GRASS-user] r.out.mpeg

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:59:55 EDT 2007

Yes, you're right.

I found the for what I want and need the LaTeX package PDFAnim does the job
very well. I generated a sequence o maps with ps.map, convert them all to
pdf and used PDFAnim to animate a sequentce in a PDF doc. really good. The
only problem is that the animations only work with Adobe Acrobat (and
acroread), since it uses JavaScript codes to animate.

Carlos

On 10/4/07, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> "Carlos \"Guâno\" Grohmann" wrote:
>
> > I managed to get "slower" frame rates by calling the same frame ten
> times.
> >
> > Now, what I really like to do is get an animation with a title on top of
> the
> > rasters, and maybe a colorscale on the side. Is this possible? I mean,
> > directly?
>
> Not directly.
>
> It's easy enough to write a script to do this sort of thing, using the
> PNG driver to generate the individual frames and ffmpeg, mencoder,
> mpeg_encode etc to generate a video file from the frames.
>
> An all-in-one program would either have too many parameters to be
> feasible, or would end up being your own personal animation creator
> which was useful for creating your animations and no-one else's
> (unless they wanted exactly the same components as you, in the same
> place, same size, same fonts, etc, with the video rendered at the same
> size with the same codec, frame rate, and other encoding parameters,
> and so on).
>
> --

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows 95 from
my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged by
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.