[GRASS-user] Export of GeoTIFF

christian.braun at tudor.lu christian.braun at tudor.lu
Wed Oct 10 02:58:05 EDT 2007

Dear list,

I have serious problems exporting GRASS DCELL rasters to GeoTIFF.
I used r.out.gdal with type=Float32 and set the compression to LZW.
What I got later on in ArcView 3.3 is pure noise fort he picture and in
ArcGIS 9.2 I get some strange results.
The NULL values of the picture get a cryptic code like -1#QUAN1 and if
there are pixels with value 0 they become NoData in ArcGIS.

I need to have them as GeoTIFFs for the easy im- and export. I am aware
that I can also use r.out.ascii but then I have to do an import procedure
in ArcGIS. For nearly 1000 images that is a bit hard to do.

Any hints for the export options?

Thx in advance,
Christian

Dipl. Geogr. Christian Braun
Tel: +352- 425991-608
Mobil: +49-179-6845896
Mail: christian.braun at tudor.lu

Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies,
Public Research Centre Henri Tudor,
Technoport Schlassgoart,
66 rue de Luxembourg,
P.O. BOX 144,