[GRASS-user] azimuth of lines with v.to.db?

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:02:55 EDT 2007

This is almost what I need. I need the results to be in range 0-360,
from North. So I can get a rose diagram, with petals weighted
according to azimuth frequency or to azimuth lenght, like the
attachment.

cheers

Carlos

On 10/14/07, Dylan Beaudette <dylan.beaudette at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 13 October 2007, Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
> > I think I already asked this, but without much success, so here is:
> > can I use v.to.db to get the azimuth of a line? I am thinking in
> > lineament analysis, so it's a simple line, just two end vertices.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Carlos
>

> Can you calculate it from the end points ?
>
> Like this:
>
> http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/468
>

> .... except that the calculation I am doing is in R. atan2() should exist in
> the c library, so adding it to GRASS should be a small effort.
>

> Dylan
>
> --
> Dylan Beaudette
> Soil Resource Laboratory
> http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/
> University of California at Davis
> 530.754.7341

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.