[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] Looking for GIS maps of Pleistocene glaciers

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:59:36 EDT 2007

Hi Michael,
one of best sources about ice sheets in Europe is [1]. Printed edition
has a CD with data in shp format, altought those data are a bit
outdated now, also for some unknown reason those shapefiles contain A.
Raukas et.al. (Estonia) version about ice margins in Latvia instead of
V.Zelcs et.al. (Latvia) provided interpretation.
There are some efforts to unify recent findings ant they
interpretation in form of more accurate map in project DATED [2]. You
could contact with them using email provided in that pdf.
And if You like, You could also present Your research at next INQUA
TEPRO Commision Peribaltic Working Group meeting in Poland.
Unfortunately I can not provide more info about dates etc., but
colleges form Poland should know better :)

With best wishes,
Maris.

1. QUATERNARY GLACIATIONS - EXTENT AND CHRONOLOGY, 2. Part I: Europe.
Editors J. EhlersandP.L. Gibbard
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookdescription.cws_home/699657/description#description

2. http://arkisto.gsf.fi/ej/ej55.pdf  Page15.