[GRASS-user] v.extrude: advice on generating 3D building

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:29:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

height means hight of the buildings. All buildings can have same height
(height=10) or the height of each building is stored in database
(hcolumn=building_height)

elevation option stays for placement of the building upon the digital
elevation model.

so, in your case, you have to:

1 - prepare DEM *without* building footprints
2 - transfer building height parameter from raster map to attribute
table of the vector file
3 - run v.extrude as

v.extrude ... hcolumn=column_with_building_height \
	elevation=lidar_dem_without_buildings

hope it helps

jachym