[GRASS-user] help on imge registration

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Oct 18 16:46:44 EDT 2007

Luigi Calori wrote:

> Now the questions:
>
> 1) are i.rectify and i.point able to handle homographies?

No, they don't.

Luigi Calori wrote:

> I' ve found a nice reference paper on
> http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/viewpaper.php?id=37
> but I did not fund anything in grass62 neither browsing thru CVS.
> Are these modules needed to handle homographies transforms ?

Yes. They have been integrated into i.points.auto:
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Image_processing
-> download link

Note that the code needs an update to GRASS 6 (most is
based on 2 master theses at ITC-irst).

Luigi Calori wrote:

> 2) there are also other modules like photo.camera photo.2image
> photo.2target photo.rectify  I did not used them because they reqired
> camera parameters I do not have.
> Are they able to handle homographies?

No, they handle central projection (as needed for ortho-rectification
of aerial images).

Best
Markus