[GRASS-user] filling holes in polygons

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 08:34:35 EDT 2007

Michele wrote:
> I think "v.clean" could do this work

(v.clean tool=remove small areas, becareful you don't remove small islands too)

another way is to make sure the holes have centroids of the same value as the
areas around them (v.centroids + v.distance), then use v.dissolve.

or give the boundary a category number with v.category, then extract just it
with v.extract and add a new centroid with v.centroids.

Hamish