[GRASS-user] db.in.ogr and v.db.join

lami at faunalia.it lami at faunalia.it
Tue Oct 23 04:04:12 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I'm testing the new databse commands on GRASS 6.3 cvs and I find a problem
in db.in.ogr.
I'm using SQLite database, when I use db.in.ogr with a cvs or dbf table
Grass create the new table on .db SQLite file but it adds a first column
called "cat" that are not present in the original table.
So when I use this table to join it to a table linked to avector usinbg
the command v.db.join it sya to me that it si not possible make the join
because the presence of the column "cat":

DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
duplicate column name: cat

ERROR: Error while executing: 'ALTER TABLE province ADD COLUMN cat INTEGER
       '
ERROR: Cannot continue (problem adding column).
ERROR: Cannot continue

Why db.in.ogr make this new field "cat"?, is possible to avoid it?

Thanks
Leonardo