[GRASS-user] landsat and srtm blend

alrc alrc at alrc.justdied.com
Tue Oct 23 17:59:46 EDT 2007

Hello,
I try to make simple (in theory) shaded relief based on SRTM data and blend
it with Landsat7 RGB composite.
I have converted SRTM WRS2 (p187r025) tile from LatLong to UTM z34 to match
my Landsat data. The thing is that the landsat image is somewhat
rotated/skewed, which I guess is specific to ETM imagery rather than to UTM
projection. When I try to combine rasters using r.blend I get an misaligned
image.

Here is the shaded relief I want to use:
http://alrc.justdied.com/gis/srtm_shaded_small.png
and r.info:
http://alrc.justdied.com/gis/srtm_r.info_.png

Landsat raster:
http://alrc.justdied.com/gis/lsat_rgb_not_good_small.png
and info:
http://alrc.justdied.com/gis/lsat_rgb_r.info_1.png

r.blend result (d.rgb used to display color channels):
http://alrc.justdied.com/gis/blend_wrong_small.png

What can I do to make terrain on landsat image actually face north as is on
the srtm relief?
I spend much too many hours on this issue, any help will be appreciated.

Tia,
alrc