[GRASS-user] Re: grass

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:20:25 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007, ec.jkd at tpcsed.com wrote:
> hi,
> On a contour map i want to plot two points A an B .The requirment is to
> know if point A has a line of sight with point B. For this i started with
> r.contour but this only gives me ontour of pheripheral i.e only the outline
> and not the actual contour map with different heights. Now what i want from
> you is firslty how shoulsd i produce first contour map and then find line
> of sight. I hope you have now being clear with the subject and can help me
> bec i really need yr help. Thanking you>

Again, please post these questions to the GRASS mailing list (see email
headers...).

Here is what I think you are trying to do:

1. determine line of sight (LOS) between points A and B

in order to do this you need:

1. a DEM of the region
2. coordinates of A and B

So: Do you have either contours to interpolate from, points to interpolate
from, or a DEM?

If so, then carefully read the manual page for r.los

Cheers,

Dylan