[GRASS-user] How can I place multiple ps.map maps in one graphic?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 06:47:34 EDT 2007

Eric wrote:
> Yes your approach is correct; get ps.map to compose the eps files, then
> insert each eps into your master output file.

I have created a new wiki page explaining the trick.
   http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Ps.map_scripts

Also of note, I have added to the wiki:
- Willem's instructions for making the Norway geology screenshot.
   http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Psmap_moldefjord_example

- New links to GFOSS.it's north arrows, meteorology, geology, and trees symbol
  sets. Also added are instructions on how to use inkscape from the command
  line to convert SVG to EPS (for use with ps.map).
   http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/IconSymbols#Other_contributions

Still needed: someone to write a little script to convert EPS images into
GRASS's display symbol format. It would be nice if the same converter could
create d.graph drawing commands as well (this part is probably pretty easy).

i.e., it would be good to be able to display EPS in an xmon and create symbols
in ways other than by hand.

Hamish