[GRASS-user] need help with mac os x installation

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 3 15:49:33 EDT 2007

On Sep 3, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> Lorenzo also includes lesstif and thus the xganim tool.  I'm hoping
>> for a non-lesstif version of that (I think there is a TclTk script
>> version) and suggest running a series of images thru ffmpeg or other
>> video tool in the meantime.
>
> Changing xganim to use a different toolkit would be relatively
> straightfoward, but are any of the other toolkits significantly more
> portable?

I can't remember who wrote it or where I found it (maybe attached to
a list message), but there is a tcl script version - from 2005/11.  I
don't see it it either of the addons pages.

Maybe the Python GUI would be a good place for it?

>> - Lorenzo includes ghostscript, for printing and creating ps output
>> it looks like.  I don't know how much better that that is than using
>> builtin GRASS methods for generating postscript.
>
> Ghostscript is a PostScript interpreter. You need it to view
> PostScript files, convert them to image files, or print them on a
> non-PostScript printer.

Ack.  I knew that, just didn't fully process my thoughts.
Ghostscript is probably there to help in his printing setup.  Or to
render hires images of maps.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin