[GRASS-user] Re: r.surf.nnbathy interpolation to whole region

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Mon Sep 3 17:53:00 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Luigi Ponti wrote:
>
>> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>>
>>> Luigi Ponti wrote:
>>> It sounds feasible to add this functionality to r.surf.nnbathy, but
>>> I don't know if the approach is correct from the GIS point of view
>>> (i.e., mixing two interpolation methods) or even more useful/better
>>> than just using IDW for the whole region.
>>>

> It is possible to add such a functionality to r.surf.nnbathy, but I'd
> rather leave it to the user to enhance his input raster the way he
> prefers to, if necessary. Different interpolation methods or additional
> data sources can be used to add the 4 corner points in question.
>
> Cheers
> Maciek

Thanks Maciek,

Any pointer to getting the four corners? Maybe they are already there,
i.e. the code that sets the working region for nnbathy?

    # set the working region for nnbathy (it's cell-center oriented)
    nn_n=`echo $n | awk -v res="$nsres" '{printf "%.8f",$1-res/2.0}'`
    nn_s=`echo $s | awk -v res="$nsres" '{printf "%.8f",$1+res/2.0}'`
    nn_w=`echo $w | awk -v res="$ewres" '{printf "%.8f",$1+res/2.0}'`
    nn_e=`echo $e | awk -v res="$ewres" '{printf "%.8f",$1-res/2.0}'`

Though I don't entirely understand what it does, it seems to be getting
the coordinates of the center of cells located at the 4 corners of the
region.

Thanks again and regards,

Luigi