[GRASS-user] need help with mac os x installation

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Sep 4 00:21:44 EDT 2007

On 9/3/07 12:38 PM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:

>> Yes, I saw that. Will have to install 6.3 then. I was a bit afraid of
>> putting the professor in front of the "unstable" version. It's been
>> very
>> stable for me in Debian, but I wasn't sure for Mac.
>>
> I don't push it to its limits, but I haven't had problems.  I don't
> use 6.2 at all really.  Haven't heard of major problems from other
> Mac users that were OSX-specific.

It is in fact very stable. I would say that overall, it is considerably more
robust than 6.2--except when someone like me puts something squirrelly into
the cvs and breaks things. ;-)

But in all seriousness, I haven't seen a significant breakage of this sort
in 6.3 for awhile (months?), and any minor mistakes have been fixed in < 24
hours. So they have a very low chance of getting into William's binaries.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University