[GRASS-user] need help with mac os x installation

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Sep 5 11:25:10 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> I did some experimentation with the lpr part of mapprint.tcl tonight. I'm
> thinking that maybe I've done this before and come up with the same
> result--and that is why I turned to ghostscript.
>
> TclTk will output to a PS file that looks just fine when I open it.
>
> However, just sending this to lpr (>>lpr file.ps) gives a very poor result.
> The map is up against the upper right edges of the page, rather than being
> centered. It is clipped on all edges but the bottom and clipped a
> significant amount on the left side of the map (a side which is NOT against
> the edge of a page).
>
> Is there something I'm missing in sending this to lpr?

When you say that it "looks just fine when I open it", are you looking
at it as a page, or as EPS? Viewers such as GV typically show EPS
files (which is what Tk's canvas generates) cropped to the bounding
box, with no notion of a page.

Also, it's possible that there's something wrong with your printer
setup. Have you tried printing PostScript generated by other
applications?