[GRASS-user] edit category information?

Kirk Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Wed Sep 5 13:32:30 EDT 2007

Greetings all,

I am looking to edit a raster map's category information. The map in
question has the following categories:

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
------|
|                            Category
Information                             |
|  #|
description

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
------|

0|

100|

120|

180|

260|

380|

400|

500|

600|

700|

800|

900|

990|

999|

------+

I would like to add category names (Oak, Pine, Spruce, etc...) to
these numbers.I have been looking around for a way to do it
(r.reclass?, r.recode?). I'm just not sure what is the "approved"
approach here. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kirk