[GRASS-user] custom projection

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 01:25:11 EDT 2007

Hi,
nice to see some new Indians on this list.
U can project as desired in GRASS. Just try the menus and go ahead.

Please give me details of
Ur present work, and which part of India and what is Ur research topic.
Namaskar
Ravi Kumar
Co-Chairman, Events
OSGeo India.

ramaraju <ramarajua at gmail.com> wrote: Hi everybody
I am ramarajua and new to this list
I want to use grass for my research project. As a part of the work I
require to use my projection base d on Everest 1956 definition
ellipsoid with geographical coordinates ie latitude and longitude (not
in meters as in UTM). So kindly let me know if it is possible to add
this projection to be added to grass or let me know if it is already
existing. I am using grass in the windows environment
Thanking you in advance

ramarajua