[GRASS-user] custom projection

ramaraju ramarajua at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:47:36 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am working on a mineral potential mapping project using satellite,
ground geological, geophysical, geochemical data in the Mahabubnagar,
Nalgonda districts of Andhra Pradesh. I am using grass as a module in
the QGIS. When I checked the projections availble, I could not find
the modified everest datum of 1956. Instead one 1962 definition is
close to it with very minute difference from the parameters given in
the commercial software like ERDAS Imagine. And also I could not
figure out the setting of coordinates to latitude and longitude.
Kindly help me in this regard

ramarajua