[GRASS-user] db.describe help

gis.gn gis.gn at libero.it
Mon Sep 10 07:24:29 EDT 2007

Hello.
I have a problem with db.describe.
I have inserted the command db.describe in a script but this gives an error.
In the script:
db.describe table=comuni_intgis driver=dbf database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf

The error is:
home/gab/stage_master/GRASSDATA
sit_utm
sit
/home/gab/stage_master/GRASSDATA/sit_utm/sit/dbf

Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 1:
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Table 'comuni_intgis a sit' doesn't exist

Unable to describe table <x?\x04\b\x12>

When instead I add --v (db.describe table=$vettoriale driver=dbf database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf --v):
Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 1:
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Table 'comuni_intgis a sit' doesn't exist

Unable to describe table <2\x04\b\x12>

The strange thing is that launch the command(db.describe table=comuni_intgis driver=dbf database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf)
in the shell there is still an error (with 6.2.1 and with 63cvs):
GRASS 6.3.cvs (sit_utm):~ > db.describe table=comuni_intgis driver=dbf database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Cannot create dbf database: ///dbf/

If I directly make the same one in the window of the output all good goes.

How I can resolve?
Moreover, as the present scripts of GRASS in the /usr/local/grass63cvs/bin folder can be visualized?

Thanks

Gabriele