[GRASS-user] 6.3 CVS error opening workspace

Adam Dershowitz adershowitz at exponent.com
Wed Sep 12 17:38:11 EDT 2007

I just upgraded from my 6.3 CVS build, and I can no longer open my
workspace files, that I created a few weeks ago with the then current
CVS build.

if I try to open my prior .grc workspace files I get an error.  The
GIS manager lists single layer and then I get a popup error:  Error:
syntax error in expression "[c...
If I then click to get details I see the following errors:

syntax error in expression "[catch {GmTree::node_type $current_node}]
error ": extra tokens at end of expression
syntax error in expression "[catch {GmTree::node_type $current_node}]
error ": extra tokens at end of expression
     ("if" test expression)
     while compiling
"if {[catch {GmTree::node_type $current_node}] error } {
					Gm::errmsg $error [G_msg [format "Could not open %s - bad file
format" $fpath]]
					brea..."
     ("default" arm line 2)
     invoked from within
"switch $key {
			Group {
				if {[regexp -- {^File (.+)} $val r leftover]  && ($leftover !=
$filename($mon))} {
					set val "<-- $leftover"
				}
			..."
     (procedure "GmTree::load" line 39)
     invoked from within
"GmTree::load $filename($mon)"
     (procedure "Gm::OpenFileBox" line 12)
     invoked from within
"Gm::OpenFileBox"
     ("uplevel" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 $cmd"
     (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
     invoked from within
"Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb1.bbox3.b1"
     (command bound to event)

I am using Kyngesburye's Mac binaries.  I created the .grc files with
his 8/29/07 binary, and now I can't open them with the 9/10 binary.
Any ideas what broke or what I can do to fix it?  Was there a change
in the .grc format that will not allow parsing of a slightly old file?

Thanks,

--Adam