[GRASS-user] r.in.mat Octave/Big Endian error on Linux/Intel .. workaround found

Bernhard Dobmeier dobmeier at muc.zae-bayern.de
Fri Apr 4 08:09:44 EDT 2008

Hello Hamish,

thanks for your reply and sorry for the double post ;)

To avoid source code modifications, our workaround was to set up a
common mapset on a server. Christian (who you identified as my
colleague) can now access the maps I imported from mat4 files without
any problems.

Cheers

Bernhard

Am Freitag, den 04.04.2008, 02:33 -0700 schrieb Hamish:
> Bernhard Dobmeier wrote:
> > My colleague and me are a little confused about an error message of
> > r.in.mat on his installations of Grass (first 6.2.3, then 6.3RC5. SuSE
> > Linux 10.2 on Xeon quadcore, uname -a states Linux colleaguespc
> > 2.6.18.2-34-default #1 SMP Mon Nov 27 11:46:27 UTC 2006 x86_64 x86_64
> > x86_64 GNU/Linux)
> >
> > Trying to import a mat4-file generated with octave on my machine
> >
> > (same GRASS versions, first SuSE 10.0 then 10.2, P4_3 dual core, uname
> > -a states Linux mypc 2.6.18.2-34-default #1 SMP Mon Nov 27 11:46:27 UTC
> > 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux),
> >
> > r.in.mat aborts on my colleague's machine with the message it was only
> > prepared for importing little endian files.
> >
> > On my machine I could import the mat fles with any of the above
> > mentioned combinations of Linux and Grass version. Octave is version
> > 2.1.73 on my machine.
> >
> > Has something like this happened to you? Do I have to set additional
> > flags in Octave maybe?
>

> I think it is the 64 bit version of "long" creating the problem.
>
> see  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/22
>

> sorry for the inconvenience.
>

> Hamish

> Total Access, No Cost.

> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Dipl.-Ing.
Bernhard Dobmeier

Bayerisches Zentrum für Angewandte Energieforschung e.V.
ZAE Bayern

Abteilung 1 : Technik für Energiesysteme und Erneuerbare Energien

                      -Arbeitsgruppe Biomasse-

Adresse     : Walther-Meissner-Straße 6, D-85748 Garching
Telefon     : 089 / 329442-83
Telefax     : 089 / 329442-23
E-Mail      : dobmeier at muc.zae-bayern.de

http://www.zae-bayern.de <http://www.zae-bayern.de>