[GRASS-user] Vector not displaying labels from Layer 2

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sun Apr 6 02:53:26 EDT 2008

Martin,

Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/4/4, Richard Chirgwin <rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au>:
>
>>  I'm running Grass-GIS 6.2, the Ubuntu build from
>> http://www.les-ejk.cz/ubuntu/ (for those who previously knew me as a Mac
>> user, I'm running Linux at home).
>>

> I would suggest you to use switch to grass63.

I might, except I don't think I'm familiar enough with Linux after a
couple of weeks to start compiling from source ... there's a premade 6.2
for Ubuntu, and that build was the only one I could get to work... (the
fault is almost certainly me, not the various builds!).

>>  I have a vector that has database links on Layer 1 and Layer 2.
>> v.db.connect shows that both connections are active, and v.info correctly
>> describes the table linked to either layer.
>>
>>  My problem is that I can't get labels from Layer 2 to display. Any
>> suggestions?
>>

> exact command?

I was selecting the labels layer from the GIS Manager screen. Copying
the command from the GIS.M output I get:

d.vect map=Australia color=0:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0 fcolor=170:170:170
display=shape type=point,line,boundary,centroid,area icon=basic/circle
size=5 layer=1 lsize=8 xref=left yref=center llayer=2

Richard