[GRASS-user] iteterpolation with r.surf.rst of very large dem

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Sun Apr 6 15:47:02 EDT 2008

Hi

I have the question if smobeode have experience with interpolating  with
r.surf.rst DEM of size about  6000x8000 cells (floating) i.e if Grass on
machine with 1 GB RAM and will handle it. I tried to render it on ArcGIS
topo to raster (Anudem) but it fails due to Arc Instability
It not the problem of time but only posibilities> Id like to avoid
situation if after 48 hours of work I will recive error. So simply If
somebody knows let me know

Jarek

If not, no problem I can do that with smalles segments and join together