[GRASS-user] How effective is scripting in win-GRASS?

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 09:11:01 EDT 2008

In the email topic you asked about scripting... Well, I have a friend
here  that is not very computer literate but he needs to use some
python scripts I wrote for Grass.

I installed winGrass for him and I'm surprised how fast he learned!
Also, the python scripts works normally, after some debugging (had to
remove some spaces on r.mapcalc expressions). All you have to do is
call the python script in the command window and ask for it to run
from a terminal...

For scripting I had to install MinSys (is that the correct name) and
all works like a charm!

The only thing that is bugging me is that I don't know how to use
grass commands from the command line. We are typing the commands in
the command window and hit Run. Is there a way to issue grass commands
from the "windows terminal"?

Cheers
Daniel