[GRASS-user] Orthorectification of Historic Aerial Photographs

Shaun & Melissa Busler buslers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 11:29:29 EDT 2008

Thank you so much for your response!  The resources you linked to were very
useful.  The Erdas paper is especially good.  I never heard of MapAnalyst.
I will have to give it a try.

Unfortunately, the focal length of the camera is not on the photo border.
The photo must be too old.  Do you have any recommendations on what focal
length I should try?  It was taken in 1939 for the USDA Agricultural
Adjustment Administration.  If it would help, I could send the image file.
It is about 7 mb in size.

I was using photo2.image as part of the i.ortho.photo UI when I was having
the problems.  It may be because I am using GIS-Knoppix.  If I use GIMP to
measure the fiducial mark coordinates, do I still need to use photo2.image
or do I just use photo.camera?

Thanks!

Shaun