[GRASS-user] v.net.path

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 15 11:29:10 EDT 2008

On 4/15/08 7:32 AM, "grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org"
<grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:32:06 -0700 (PDT)
> From: RAVI KUMAR <ravivundavalli at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] v.net.path
> To: grassuser at grass.itc.it
> Cc: qgis <qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Hi,
> The windows version of GRASS and Qgis are devoid of
> d.* commands

d.* commands write to an xdisplay by default. Interactive d.* commands
require an interactive xdisplay. Windows does not have an xdisplay. The GUI
changes the display environment so that d.* commands write to a file, which
is then displayed in a TclTk (or wxPython) canvas. However, this is not an
interactive xdisplay.

The upshot is that you cannot click with a mouse in a non-xdisplay window
and have it register with a d.* command.

In building the TclTk and wxPython GUI, we're adding a lot of interactive
functions that CAN be controlled with a mouse. But these won't work with a
simple d.* command without additional GUI programming.

Recreating the functionality of d.shortest.path is on the list of things to
do, but we haven't got there yet.

Michael

> Network analysis:
> v.net.path
> is there a simple way of showing the shortest path of a network, taking
> mouse clisks as Start and end points ??
> Thus avoiding File or from stdin ??
>
> Pl give an example if possible.
> Cheers