[GRASS-user] A color table without blended colors ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 23:06:13 EDT 2008

Eric Gaba wrote:
> I'm a new comer in GRASS GIS and I would like to create a color table
> for my raster DEMs using my own colors and specifying the altitudes (in
> meters) for them. I created one by editing the srtm table but the
> colors are blended and I want them clearly separated. Is it possible ?

yes, just repeat the elevation twice:

GRASS> r.colors elevation.dem color=rules
Enter rules, "end" when done, "help" if you need it.
Data range is 1066 to 1840
 1000 blue
 1200 blue
 1200 cyan
 1400 cyan
 1400 yellow
 1600 yellow
 1600 red
 1800 red
 1800 white
 2000 white
 end

d.rast elevation.dem
d.legend -f elevation.dem use=1100,1300,1500,1700,1900 range=1000,2000

more stuff here:
  http://hamish.bowman.googlepages.com/grass_color_maps
  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/raster/r.colors.tools

Hamish