[GRASS-user] selecting upstream river segments

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Mon Apr 21 02:58:31 EDT 2008

Dear Grass users,

I have a vector stream network map of a single basin (so only a stream
"tree")...

each stream segment is correctly oriented downstream (the direction of
each vector is from higher to lower elevation..)

I would like to select a random segment of the "tree" and automatically
obtain only the upstream segments..
i.e. I would like to obtain a new map containing only the upstream
stream segments of the selected one... (that is the same of removing
those downstream)

obviously I must implement this process into a shell script...

Could you suggest a simple way to solve this little problem?
Can I use the direction of the vectors to solve this problem?

Many thanks

Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia
Via G. Duranti 93/a