[GRASS-user] selecting upstream river segments

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Tue Apr 22 10:39:56 EDT 2008

Hi Markus and Silvia...
many thanks for your answer..

I have tried to use the solution proposed by Markus..
it works but it selects all the connencted stream... instead and I would
like to obtain only those upstream to the point I choose...
removing the others downstream

I have thougth this solution:
suppose I'm interested to the upstream part of a stream network starting
from a choosen segment of the stream network, so I can:
1) use v.to.db to find the downstream node of the selected segment
2) use v.edit to move this node (disconneting it from the downstream
segment)
3) get the new coordinates of the node
4) use the procedure suggested by markus (v.net.iso) starting from the
moved downstream node coordinates

What do you think about this solution?

many thanks

Ivan