[GRASS-user] [Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Can I do the same GIS tasks with OS (as with ESRI)?]

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Thu Apr 24 16:38:22 EDT 2008

This question should go to the GRASS user mailinglist.

I'm not a full time GIS analyst, but so far I have not needed anything
from ESRI that GRASS and/or other OSGeo projects can't do. Arc is
perhaps a bit stronger on the cartography side of things, but with a bit
of patience you can produce nice maps with GRASS.

--Wolf