[GRASS-user] Re: grass-user Digest, Vol 24, Issue 50

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 24 20:55:38 EDT 2008

Chris,
> Dear Markus,
>
> the following error message occurs:
> DBMI-DBF driver error:
> Table 'messstationen' doesn't exist
>
> ERROR: Cannot open table

Since v.db.connect says there's no table, try creating a table, then
upload values into the table using v.to.db. After you've uploaded the
values, you might need to use v.db.connect to set the connection to the
table.

Or it may be that you have a table (if you're using the dbf driver, the
table will be in the dbf directory in the mapset folder), but the
connection is lost. In that case, you can just use v.db.connect to
reconnect the map to the table.

If the table exists, it will be in <grass data
directory>/<location>/<mapset>/dbf/

Richard Chirgwin