[GRASS-user] examples of data error handling in GRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Apr 27 09:51:24 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm currently giving a series of classes in the framework of a 4-month
FOSS-GIS training course and one issue I will be treating is error in
GIS applications and they way errors are taken into account in data
treatment and analysis. AFAIK, GRASS does not include any specific error
handling, e.g. in the form of probabilistic results, error margins,
check for digitalisation scale for vector overlays, etc. Please correct
me if I'm wrong.

However, I would be interested in how people deal with this in their use
of GRASS. Any experience would be welcome. I will compile the responses
and create a wiki entry.

Moritz