[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit issues

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Aug 1 19:01:33 EDT 2008

Adam Dershowitz wrote:

> I am trying to use d.rast.edit and I can't get it to work properly.
> If I open it, either from the menu, or from the command line, it seems
> to open fine, but the size of my overview window is much larger then
> the size of my screen, so I can't see much of the window.  If I resize
> the window then I don't get any scroll bars, so that doesn't help.

That's a bug in d.rast.edit. The overview window consists of three
parts: the canvas (the portion containing the map), the vertical
scrollbar and the horizontal scrollbar. The canvas is supposed to grow
or shrink along with the top-level window, leaving the scrollbars with
a fixed width (vertical) or height (horizontal). However, the weights
were set on the wrong window, so everything tries to remain a fixed
size.

I have committed a fix in the current development version, but you can
fix the problem locally by changing lines 157-158 of
grass-6.3.0/etc/d.rast.edit.tcl from:

	grid rowconfigure    . 0 -weight 1
	grid columnconfigure . 0 -weight 1
to:
	grid rowconfigure    .overview 0 -weight 1
	grid columnconfigure .overview 0 -weight 1

With that change, the scrollbars should remain visible if the overview
window is shrunk.