[GRASS-user] editing rasters
nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 4 16:19:45 EDT 2008
On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 16:57 -0300, Juan Manuel Barreneche wrote:
> Hello users!
> Is there a easier way to edit rasters than d.rast.edit or r.digit?
> i'm thinking of tools like those you find in common image editing
> programs like photoshop or gimp (brush, eraser, zoom in, zoom out,
> etc...); maybe even export a map and edit it with those programs?
> thank you very much,
1. export your map with r.out.gdal as a geotiff. Be careful with what kind of data you have, how many categories (Byte, Int16, etc.)
2. Open with GIMP and edit BUT DO NOT resize the image, rotate, crop or
3. Save as Tiff with other name than the original GeoTiff
# For steps 4,5 look at 
4. Export with listgeo the geo-metadata from the original GeoTiff
5. Apply the geo-metadata to the Tiff file with geotifcp
More information about the grass-user