[GRASS-user] Stereo project needs developer support

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 5 03:14:27 EDT 2008

Hullo All,
This is a plea for some help with the development of the Stereo
(photo-metrology) project I have established on Sourcforge, see
<http://stereo.sourceforge.net>.

The software is written in C for Unix/Linux and X Windows. The gui really
needs a a complete rewrite, and that probably applies to much of it, if we
are to take advantage of multiple image formats, automatic point
identification, lens distortion correction and so on.

The current thinking for the longer term is to rewrite as a set of command
line tools that can be driven from a multi-platform gui or from scripts.

We could use some help from software developers with knowledge of C and X
Windows to help us work with and better understand what we currently have.
I would expect that we should also try to make some improvements/fixes to
the existing software to help users whilst the next generation is being
developed.
A developer (also) with experience with modern gui tools such as
WXWidgets/WxPython would be good.

Please pass the word.

Cheers,
--