[GRASS-user] Re: grass-user Digest, Vol 28, Issue 15

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 5 17:03:20 EDT 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 1:57 PM, <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:06:16 -0300
> From: "Milton Cezar Ribeiro" <miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] how to check a raster value clickin on "Map
> 	Display"
> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am running native wingrass on a XP OS and I wold like
> to show a rast map on "Map Display" windows, and after
> check out the values of pixels in a interactive way
> by clicking on the screen.
> Is there a way of do this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Miltinho astronauta
> Brazil

Miltinho,

1) Take a look at the GUI help pages

These are the general steps

Display a map
1) Add a raster layer to the GIS Manager (layer manager)
2) Press the display button on the Map Display window

Query a map
1) Select a raster map layer in the GIS Manager
2) Click the query button in the map display
3) Click on a pixel
4) View the results in the output window

Michael