[GRASS-user] Copy raster from xy location to latlong

William Hudspeth bhudspeth at edac.unm.edu
Wed Aug 6 09:43:22 EDT 2008

Thanks for responding.

I think I was a little unclear in my original description. My
xy-location raster is stored as pixel values (720 rows and 1440
columns, with the origin  (0, 0) at the bottom left corner),
such that an individual pixel might have a coordinate of 125, 256.
I need to somehow "project" this xy location raster into a lat long location where
the coordinate values to each pixel are in lat-long coordinates (e.g.
0 degrees longitude, 0 degrees latitude is the center of the grid,
the left edge is at -180 degrees (West), and the north edge is at 90
degrees (North)). Since there are 720 rows, it is clear that each pixel
represents 1/4 of a degree (the satellite product has a global extent),
and the "re-projected" copy in the lat long location will have a resolution
of 1/4 degree. In essence, I need to somehow reassign coordinate values to each
pixel so they are in lat-long rather that pixel coordinates.

Thanks!

Bill