[GRASS-user] map algebra during r.in.gdal?

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 13:36:01 EDT 2008

Dear all

I would like to know if it is possible I make an map algebra
when importing a .IMG file. As I am working with native wingrass,
and the LFS (Large File System), almost to where I know, don´t
suport my large files (12GB), I would like to divide my 32Bits
image by 200, and generate and raster map on 16bits.
I know that if I divide my original IMG map by 200 on ERDAS
and import it on GRASS the size of resulting file works
find on my current system.

I am using

r.in.gdal format=HFA input=.. output=...

and I would like something like

 r.in.gdal format=HFA input=(../200) output=...

In fact I would like to scape of using ERDAS do solve this out of GRASS.

Help are welcome.

Cheers, miltinho
brazil