[GRASS-user] vector layer labelling doesn't work....

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Aug 8 11:28:18 EDT 2008

On 08/08/08 17:13, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/8/8 G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com>:
>> Anyway I will change in my build :-)
>>
>> gui/tcltk/gis.m/vector.tcl - Line 143:
>> set opt($count,1,type_centroid) 0 -> set opt($count,1,type_centroid) 1

That means always displaying centroids, not only when labelling is set.

> in wxGUI it takes default d.vect type options, so
> "point,line,boundary,centroid,area,face". Not sure why TCL/TK differs
> here.

It was decided quite a while ago that having those circles by default
was a bit annoying (even worse with the crosses) and that in most cases,
when one wants to display areas, one does not need the centroids.

On 08/08/08 17:07, Martin Landa wrote:
 > 2008/8/8 Paulo Marcondes <paulomarcondes at gmail.com>:
 >> Maybe, we should ask devels to change default d.vect behaviour, so
 >> when labeling is selected, centroids should be automagically selected
 >> too?
 >
 > it would be too much "user-friendly" from my point of view, then maybe
 > d.vect would be not my friend anymore;-)) I would leave decision on
 > the user, which feature types will be displayed...

Could you elaborate on this ? I think that it seems logical to do what
the user asks for. When labelling is asked for, this means the user
wants the labels to appear, so automagically setting centroid display in
that case doesn't seem too much interference to me...

Moritz