[GRASS-user] change centroids/area categories by step values (was: areas, isles and centroids - topology doubts about category assignment)

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 13:43:08 EDT 2008

I simplify the questions of the previous post:

I have dissolved completely a polygonal layer [fig.1] producing the
one in fig.2, which is composed of 21 areas, 21 isles (the same
features of "areas"), and 11 centroids attached to the "true" areas.
The 11 centroids has the same category value (=1). Now I need to
differentiate the 11 areas, so I would need to give the centroids
unique, different, values.
I've tried all the combinations with v.edit, v.category, etc.,
deleting and re-adding categories, but nothing seems to do what I
need.
I'm sure it's a stupid task but, how to do it?

Thanks
Giovanni

fig.1 www.geospatial.it/allegri/not_dissolved.ong
fig.2 www.geospatial.it/allegri/dissolved.ong